TOTAL BURN BAN IN EFFECT
Due to current dry weather conditions coupled with the continued forecast of extreme temperatures with no appreciable rain in the near future, the Municipality of Trent Lakes has issued an immediate ban on all open air burning. This ban suspends all approved Open Air Burning Permits.
This ban includes the following and will remain in effect until further notice to ensure public safety:
- burning of clean wood and brush
- outdoor campfires
- all outdoor wood burning appliances
- It is highly recommended that citizens also refrain from using other outdoor flame producing devices until further notice:
- such as natural gas flame logs
- propane-fuelled fireplaces
- patio torches
- outdoor candles The Trent Lakes fire department would like to thank all citizens for their anticipated co-operation during this ban. We would also like to remind citizens that any person found to be conducting open air burning in contravention of the ban, is guilty of an offence and subject to charges being filed in Provincial Offences Court.
- The Trent Lakes Fire Rescue will continue to monitor the weather conditions and issue a subsequent release when the open air burning ban is lifted. Citizens may also check www.trentlakes.ca for information on when the ban will be lifted.
- Citizens are further reminded that all smokers’ materials should be fully extinguished before being discarded in proper non-combustible containers.