December 23, 2020
Today, the Municipality of Trent Lakes announced immediate additional measures for business continuity and delivery of services to members of the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Safety to the public in this unprecedented time of extreme uncertainty is paramount.
The Municipality of Trent Lakes, Municipal Office, 760 County Rd. 36, Trent Lakes will be closed to the public as of 12:00 p.m., Thursday, December 24, 2020 as planned for the Holiday Season and remain closed in the New Year as a result of the Provincial Government lockdown. Municipal business will continue after the Holiday closure on Monday, January 4, 2021 with Municipal Staff and Council being available to the public by phone at 705-738-3800 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and by using the various online resources available on our website www.trentlakes.ca. Customers can pay bills by using the drop box at the Municipal Office or through your personal banking institution.
In addition, the following temporary service delivery changes have been implemented:
- Closure of all Municipal Community Centers/Halls and ice rinks and associated scheduled events
- Cancellation of Special Events
- Regular Council Meetings will be held virtually during the month of January 2021
- Building Services – new applications will be received via email for review. Applications for new building permits will be reviewed by appointment only. Building inspections will be conducted by appointment only and COVID-19 protocols will be followed at all work sites.
- Applications for Planning Services – will be received by appointment only. Pre-consultation for planning applications can be provided electronically or by phone.
All essential Municipal services will continue such as emergency services, water, transfer station operations and public works.