Citizen involvement is a key factor in the success of our boards and committees. The Municipality of Trent Lakes relies on many volunteers with a wide range of expertise to provide input and make recommendations to Council on matters that affect the entire community.
Notice of Vacancies
Trent Lakes Municipal Council is receiving applications from citizens of the Municipality of Trent Lakes for appointment to the Economic Development Advisory Committee and the Parks, Recreation and Culture Advisory Committee.
The mandate of the Economic Development Advisory Committee is to:
- To generate new ideas and projects with input from the general public that will stimulate economic growth and renewal.
- To review and filter ideas for potential projects and initiatives that would stimulate economic growth.
- To assist in the development of strategic and other economic development planning in the community.
- To work closely with PKED in ensuring their efforts and initiatives help and support Trent Lakes.
- To recommend courses of action, sources for funding and/or additional research opportunities.
- To report on matters referred to it by Council.
Citizen Members for the Economic Development Advisory Committee should:
- Be experienced business people with a well-developed business community network and/or have relevant economic development expertise and experience;
- Be a broad spectrum of the business/tourism community representing a cross section of the business/tourism community; and
- Be strong proponents of business and tourism growth for the Municipality.
The Economic Development Advisory Committee is planning to meet the third Thursday of every month at 5:00 p.m. The full terms of reference can be viewed here.
The mandate of the Parks, Recreation and Culture Advisory Committee is to:
To provide advice to Council on priorities for planning and policy development with regards to sports, arts, leisure, culture, heritage, parks and recreation facilities and activities.
Citizen Members for the Parks, Recreation and Culture Advisory Committee should:
represent a diversity of experience, knowledge and disciplines related to culture, waterfront and trails, and parks and recreation.
The Parks, Recreation and Culture Advisory Committee is planning to meet the second Thursday of every month at 5:00 p.m. The full terms of reference can be viewed here.
Residents of Trent Lakes aged 18 years or older are invited to complete the Application for Appointment to Committees and Boards in response to these current Notice of Committee Vacancies. The completed application can be submitted via regular mail, fax, electronically, or in person to:
Director of Corporate Services/Clerk
760 Peterborough County Rd 36
Trent Lakes ON K0M 1A0-