Municipality of Trent Lakes Official Plan
The Official Plan describes council’s policies on how land in the municipality should be used, and helps decide where roads, watermains, sewers, garbage dumps, parks and other services will be built. The Official Plan also provides a framework for establishing municipal zoning by-laws to set local regulations and standards, like the size of a lot and height of a building.
The Trent Lakes Official Plan is currently under review through the County of Peterborough Official Plan Review Project.
- Schedule A1 – Harvey Land Use (May 2010)
- Schedule A1-1 – Nogies Creek Land Use (May 2009)
- Schedule A1-2 – Miskwaa Zibii River Land Use (May 2009)
- Schedule A2 – Galway Land Use (May 2010)
- Schedule A3 – Cavendish Land Use (May 2010)
The County of Peterborough Official Plan Review
In 2017, the County of Peterborough initiated the development of a new Official Plan. Once the new Official Plan is in effect, it will function as the lower tier Official Plan for five local municipalities including Trent Lakes. For updates, follow this link to be re-directed to the County of Peterborough Official Plan Project website.
Comprehensive Zoning By-Law
A zoning by-law controls the use of land in your community. It states exactly:
– how each parcel may be used
– where buildings and other structures can be located
– the types of buildings that are permitted and how they may be used
– the lot sizes and dimensions, parking requirements, building heights and setbacks.
- B2014-070 Comprehensive Zoning By-law
- B2019-112 Amendment to the Comprehensive Zoning By-Law 2014-070
Schedule A Zoning Maps
- Map 1 – Galway Ward: Crystal Lake, White Lake, Birch Bark Lake, Kinmount Lake, Conley Lake
- Map 2 – Galway Ward: Silver Lake, Bass Lake, Loom Lake
- Map 3 – Cavendish Ward: Salmon Lake, Fortesque Lake, Pencil Lake, Picard Lake, Greens Lake
- Map 4 – Cavendish Ward: Mississagua Lake, Catchacoma Lake, Gold Lake
- Map 5 – Harvey Ward: Pigeon Lake, Nogies Creek, Miskwaa Ziibi River
- Map 6 – Harvey Ward: Pigeon Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Sandy Lake, Big Bald Lake
- Map 7 – Harvey Ward: Mississagua Lake
- Map 8 – Harvey Ward: Lower Buckhorn Lake, Lovesick Lake
- Map 9 – Harvey Ward: Sandy Lake Development
- Map 10 – Harvey Ward: Harvey Business Park
Other Planning Tools
County of Peterborough GIS
The County of Peterborough Geographical Information System (GIS) searches for properties by address, roll number, lot and concession, or GPS co-ordinates. Learn about the landscape using map features or high resolution aerial photos. Print or export a customized map displaying your own markups using the drawing and measuring tools.
Ministry of Natural Resources: Make a Map
Use this online tool to make custom maps featuring wetlands, provincial parks, and other features using the MNR’s data. If you’re preparing a minor variance or similar application, you can use this tool to create a map identifying environmentally-sensitive areas on the property or within a parameter of it without having to hire a professional.