The Municipality of Trent Lakes will be proactive in bringing by-law violations to the attention of individuals and property owners, and work hard to reach satisfactory resolutions in a timely manner.
After Hours By-Law Enforcement
If you have a complaint or questions regarding a by-law on the weekend, holidays or after 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday, call the Municipal office at 705-738-3800 (or 1-800-347-4009), then enter 311 and you will be connected to the after hours service.
We have also put together a guide for residents of our most commonly asked about by-laws. A copy of the guide can be found at the link provided below:
To file a complaint regarding a by-law contravention please download the By-Law Complaint form below. The form must be filled out completely and requires a signature. Please read the instructions on the form carefully. You can return the form by email, fax or mail to the By-Law Enforcement Officer. If you have a question regarding the Complaint Form please contact the Municipal office.
Trent Lakes has a Property Standards By-Law setting out the minimum standards for building and property maintenance within the municipality. Standards prescribed in the bylaw are intended to outline the reasonable maintenance and upkeep of yards, buildings and properties.
Common Municipal By-Laws
Below are a list of the Municipality of Trent Lakes most common By-laws. If you have a question regarding a by-law or enforcement please contact the Municipality Building and Planning Department by phone at 705-73-3800, ext. 233 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- B2020-030 – Fees and Charges
- B2020-019 Off-Road and ATV Vehicles By-Law
- B2018-079 Licensing of Dogs and Kennel Operations
- B2016-062 Regulate Noise, Vibration, Odour, Dust and Outdoor Illumination
- B2019-103 Fireworks By-Law
- B2015-072 Time for Setting of Fires
- B2016-101 False Alarms
- B2016-049 Prohibit Dumping or Depositing of Litter
- B2008-103 Outdoor Solid Fuel Combustion By-law
- B2017-099 Shipping Containers By-Law
- B2014-095 Property Standards
- B2016-069 Sign By-law
- B2016-048 Regulate and Control Parking of Motor Vehicles (Amended by B2017-091 below)
- B2017-091 Amendment to B2016-048
- B2019-030 Procedure By-Law
Common County By-Laws
- Peterborough County By-law Number 2017-41 Tax Relief for Low Income Seniors and Low Incomer Persons with Disabilities
- Peterborough County Planning and Development Information and Fees
If you plan to install or have a sign on any of the Peterborough County Roads (i.e. County Rd 507 or 36) you must contact the County of Peterborough and adhere to their Sign By-law.