Thank you for your interest in the Municipality of Trent Lakes. Human Resources partners with our various departments to attract, develop and retain a talented, knowledgeable and motivated workforce.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. You must send your resume to a current employment opportunity.
While the Municipality appreciates all applications, only those who are being considered for an interview will be contacted. More information regarding the interview process will be given at that time.
As an equal opportunity employer, Trent Lakes is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process.
If accommodations are required for those invited to an interview, please make your requirements known when contacted by Human Resources.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 (S.O. 2001,c.25) and will be used to determine qualifications for employment with The Corporation of the Municipality of Trent Lakes. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 760 Peterborough County Road 36, Trent Lakes, ON, K0M 1A0, or by phone 705-738-3800 x224 or email email@example.com
Internal/External Job Posting
Chief Building official
Type: Permanent Full-Time, Non-Union
Salary: $83,803.20 to $98,590.75 annually and a Competitive Benefits Package
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Department: Building and Planning Department
The Municipality of Trent Lakes is accepting applications for the position of Chief Building Official.
- Diploma or Degree in Architectural or Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent;
- Five years minimum working experience as a Building Official, three of which involve supervisory responsibilities;
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, Property Standards By-law, the Fire Code and applicable Federal and Provincial laws;
- Knowledge of proper investigative techniques and reporting procedures;
- Must possess provincial certification in all disciplines as established by the Ontario Building Code Act and Regulations;
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Knowledge of Municipal By-Laws and understanding of Official Plan and Zoning By-laws including but not limited to permit issuance, plan review and inspections;
- Current CBCO designation required;
- Qualified as defined in the Ontario Building Code: Powers and Duties of CBO, House, Plumbing House, HVAC House, Small Buildings, Large Buildings, Building Services, Building Structural and Plumbing all buildings and Detection Lighting Power;
- Experience in all aspects of plan examination, field inspection and enforcement;
- Must be familiar with the Livestock, Poultry and Honey Bee Protection Act;
- Must have, and maintain, a valid class “G” driver’s license with a clean driver abstract.
The full job description is available below:
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your application.
Applications must be clearly marked “Chief Building Official” and will be received in confidence no later than 4:00 p.m., Thursday, December 5, 2019. Please submit your resume to the Human Resources Coordinator, Municipality of Trent Lakes, 760 Peterborough County Road 36, Trent Lakes, Ontario K0M 1A0. E-mail submissions are acceptable at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates are encouraged to inform of any accommodating requests so that they can be dealt with throughout the recruitment process. Personal information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to evaluate the suitability of applicants for employment.