Chief Building Official/Inspector
The successful applicant will be responsible to perform all statutory duties of a Chief Building Official/Inspector in accordance with the Ontario Building Code Act and various other Acts and legislation. A job description is available at the Municipal office or the following link: Chief Building Official/Inspector Job Description.
The ideal candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
• Diploma/Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering Technology or Building Technology;
• Ontario municipal building inspection and building code enforcement experience and registered and qualified with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing as a Certified Building Code Official (CBCO).
• Experience with the Planning Act and related matters such as Minor Variances, Official Plan and Zoning By-law Administration.
• Experience in By-law Enforcement, Property Standards Enforcement and Provincial Offences Act.
• Experience in annual budget preparation and financial reporting.
• Excellent computer, communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
• Valid Ontario Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract.
Copies of credentials and certifications are to be submitted with your application. Due to the nature of this position the successful candidate must successfully pass a criminal reference check. The Municipality offers a comprehensive benefits package, pension plan and a competitive salary.
Sealed applications marked “CBO/Building Inspector” will be received by the undersigned until noon on Friday, June 16, 2017. Emailed resumes will be accepted.
Lois O’Neill-Jackson, CAO
760 Peterborough County Rd 36 Trent Lakes ON K0M 1A0
Candidates are encouraged to inform of any accommodating requests so that they can be dealt with throughout the recruitment process. Personal information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to evaluate the suitability of applicants for employment.