We do not accept unsolicited resumes. You must send your resume to a current employment opportunity.
The Municipality of Trent Lakes is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process.
While the Municipality appreciates all applications, only those who are being considered for an interview will be contacted. More information regarding the interview process will be given at that time.
If accommodations are required for those invited to an interview, please make your requirements known when contacted by Human Resources.
Type: Permanent Full-Time, Non-Union
Salary: $29.63 – $34.86 per hour
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Department: Building and Planning
The Municipality of Trent Lakes is accepting applications for the position of Planning Technician.
- Two-year Diploma in Land-Use Planning, GIS, Geography, or a related field;
- Minimum one-year work experience related to municipal land-use planning applications;
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Certified Planning Technicians (CACPT), prior to completion of probationary period;
- Knowledge and understanding of Ontario’s land use planning system, specifically related to the Planning Act, Provincial Policy Statement and Growth Plan;
- Ability to read, understand and apply County and Municipal official plan policies, zoning by-law regulations, maps, surveys, Planning Act and associated regulations, Provincial Policy Statements, Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe;
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must have, and maintain, a valid class “G” driver’s license with a clean driver abstract;
- Legally Entitled to Work in Canada.
The full job description and a copy of this advertisement are available below:
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your application.
Applications will be received in confidence no later than 4:00 p.m., Friday, January 25th, 2019. Please submit your resume to the Human Resources Coordinator, Municipality of Trent Lakes, 760 Peterborough County Road 36, Trent Lakes, Ontario K0M 1A0. E-mail submissions are acceptable at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates are encouraged to inform of any accommodating requests so that they can be dealt with throughout the recruitment process. Personal information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to evaluate the suitability of applicants for employment.
Date Posted: January 4, 2019