Peterborough Public Health Unit (PPH) frequently updates their website and red  “control” restrictions are listed on the COVID-19 Current Status webpage. Report Covid-19 non-compliance to OPP at 1-888-310-1122. Report after hours By-Law complaint to 705-738-3800, ext. 311.
Twitter Facebook
| Font Size
blue-contrast black-contrast


Public Works

The Public Works Department is responsible for a number of things that impact our ratepayers’ daily lives, including:

• Maintenance of approximately 292 kilometres of both hard-surface and gravel roads.
• Winter snowploughing, sanding, and salting.
• Summer signage, construction, and rebuilding old roads to today’s standards.

We also maintain Municipal park areas, operate water supply systems for two community developments, as well as maintain culverts and operate landfill and transfer stations for Municipal waste management.

Emergency Road closures for the municipality of Trent Lakes are posted on our Notices and Releases webpage, our Facebook page and our Twitter page.

The County of Peterborough – Permits

MTO Winter Driving 511

Ontario 511 Traveller Information website is now providing easy 24/7/365 access to Ministry of Transportation (MTO) road information and winter driving road conditions on provincially maintained highways. You can also access road conditions by dialing 511 on any telephone or smartphone system.  For snowbirds or travellers coming from other provinces or states to Ontario you can call toll free 1-866-929-4257 to help assist you in your journey into or across Ontario.  TTY is also available at 1-866-471-8929.

Winter Road Conditions Reports are made available by the Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO) from the end of October to April of each year and the site includes an interactive map.  The MTO Ontario 511 website also contains information for Ontario Road Closures and Winter Driving in Ontario information sheets, tips and advisories.