This program is an opportunity for businesses, service groups, and other organizations to contribute to the community, clean up the environment and help beautify our road system.
• Choose a representative from your group to act as the lead on the Adopt-A-Road program.
• Adopt a section of the Municipal road at least 2 kilometers long.
• Undergo safety training for your volunteers.
• Cleanup litter twice annually (usually in the spring and fall), separating the recyclables from the garbage, and disposing of materials at the nearest transfer station (or contact the Municipality to pickup large items).
• Complete and submit a “Material Recover Report.”
The Municipality will provide your group with the following:
• Safety training
• Safety equipment (vests, cones, and gloves)
• Bags (clear bags for recyclables and yellow garbage bags for garbage)
• An identification card (for presentation when using transfer station)
• A sign with the group’s name on it -businesses are expected to cover the cost of their own signs, but the Municipality will cover the cost of signs for non-profit, volunteer, or service organizations.
To request an Adopt-A-Road package, please contact the Public Works Administrative Assistant.