Twitter Facebook
| Font Size
blue-contrast black-contrast


Electronic Recycling

All of the Waste Transfer Stations accept Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment or WEEE items. Waste Tranfer Site Locations and hours of operation.

The electronics recycling program accepts all electronic and electrical items from floor model televisions, air purifiers, air vapourizers to cell phones to coffee makers.

The electronics recycling program cannot accept:

  • Air Conditioners, Dehumidifiers, Water Coolers, Fridges and Freezers: These items contain refrigerant that must be removed by a licensed technician. Please bring to a Transfer Station or Landfill to ensure Freon is handled properly.  Disposal fee applies.
  • Gas Powered Devices: Gas powered tools can be recycled with scrap metal.  The gas and oil needs to be drained prior to recycling.  The gas and oil can then be taken to a Household Hazardous Waste Depot.

For more information on what are acceptable  Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment items please speak with a Transfer Station attendant in advance or access the Peterborough County Searchable Waste Portal.

 reBOOT Peterborough accepts donated computers, refurbishes them and then redistributes them to people and organizations in need of affordable technology. Please call or contact them in advance.