All dogs and cats over the age of three (3) months must be immunized against rabies. These same animals must be re-immunized in accordance with the date prescribed in the certificate of immunization issued. This is in an effort to reduce human exposure to the rabies virus.
The Peterborough Public Health, in co-operation with the local veterinarians, is again sponsoring low-cost rabies clinics in our area. All the clinics take place on the same day but at various locations open to all County residents.
Saturday, April 29, 2017
from 12 noon to 2:00 pm.
Buckhorn Works Depot, 8 Melody Bay Rd, Buckhorn
Cost per animal is $25 (cash only) per animal
Note: This year there is only 1 Location in Trent Lakes:
All dogs must be leashed, and other pets caged or restrained.
Other Locations within Peterborough County:
- Asphodel- Norwood
- Norwood Veterinary Services, 4248 Hwy 7, Norwood
- Peterborough West Animal Hospital, 2605 Stewart Line, Cavan-Monaghan
- Millbrook Valley Animal Hospital, 3 Queen Street, Millbrook
- Public Works Garage, 435 Douro 4th Line, Douro
- Warsaw Fire Hall, 910 Water Street, Warsaw
- H.B.M. Public Works Garage, 6th Line Belmont & Hwy 7, Havelock
- Highway 7 Veterinary Hospital, 25 Ottawa Street East, Havelock
- North Kawartha
- North Kawartha Community Centre, Zamboni Entrance 340 McFadden Road, Apsley
- Champlain Animal Hospital, 2673 Lakefield Road, Selwyn
- Selwyn Fire Hall #5, 801 Tara Road, Ennismore
- Village Animal Hospital, 108 Queen Street, Lakefield
- Burnham Mansion Veterinary Services, 2235 Keene Road
- High Street Animal Hospital, 815 High Street, Unit 7A
- Jackson Creek Veterinary Services, 1140 Parkhill Road, West
- Parkhill Animal Hospital, 1535 Chemong Road
- Peterborough Pet Hospital, 379 Lansdowne Street, East
- Peterborough Veterinary Services, 720 The Kingsway