As Trent Lakes moves forward to re-open additional Transfer Station Services, effective June 29th the following operating processes have been put in place to protect staff and the public’s health. Transfer Station staff are requested to implement the following processes until further notice.
- Residents will be asked to mark their own Waste Card. If they do not have their own pen attendants can provide a sanitized marker for their use. The marker can be dropped in a bucket to be sanitized at the end of the day and reused.
- In addition to Interac / Debit payments, residents can pay by cash, using exact change only. Credit Cards and Cheques will not be accepted. Loads will be rounded up or down to eliminate change. Receipts will not be issued at this time.
- Reuse centres will remain closed until further notice.
- Fluorescent tubes and car batteries will be accepted at Bobcaygeon, Cavendish and Crystal Lake Transfer Stations. As the Hazardous Waste Collection site at Buckhorn will remain closed this season, car batteries and fluorescent tubes will not be accepted.
- GEEP electronics will reopen at all sites and organics will be accepted at Buckhorn.
- Alcohol bottle return will remain closed at this time.
- Construction, demolition material, shingles and drywall and furniture will not be accepted and charges as per our Fee Schedule.
- There will be no Bulky Plastic Collection this year.
- Dry Cell Batteries will not be accepted at this time.
- Cottage Kits and Dog Tags can now be purchased at all Transfer Stations.
If you have any questions please contact:
Temporary Waste Coordinator
705-738-3800 Ext. 226